- The company my husband worked for stopped paying salaries for 9-months.
- It went into administration leaving him without a job.
- We had to move from our rented home.
This has been the story of many individuals over the past year and still continues to cause many individuals and families distress.
If anything, this pandemic has taught me a thing or two about resiliency. It has also highlighted just how lucky I am.
- We have a home in France that we could move to.
- I have a job, I love, which paid our expenses and Corndel showed enormous compassion and support throughout.
- My husband was offered a new role recently.
- We are moving back to the U.K.
For many that don’t ‘know us’, it sounded quite glamorous; fleeing covid-rife London to live the ‘high life’ in France. In their eyes, ‘we were living the dream’.
But, why do we quickly jump to conclusions, assuming how ‘good’ people have it; envying their ‘fabulous’ lifestyles and becoming empathetically numb, due to our preconceived notions of what they have, that we don’t?
Be curious, ask people how they are doing and how they ‘really’ are, because a picture doesn’t necessarily paint a thousand words.
PS. We are grateful and we are rich in more ways than money will ever be able to buy.