As soon as you start living your dreams, your dreams evolve. Start living your dreams today!
As 2011 draws to a close, it’s time for reflection. Look back at your successes, learn from your failures and become deliriously excited about the challenges and opportunities that 2012 will bring you. I’ve made a list of some of the highlights of my year. For the busy bees among you, I’ve compiled a summary 😉
This is the year I,
became healthier, fitter, slimmer, younger, more focused, more energetic, more decisive, kept my wicked sense of humour, my joy of loud music, fast cars, dance, travel; but kept myself grounded by realising how fortunate I am.
And for those of you that have a little more time 🙂
This is the year I,
- realised that making life-changing decisions is easy
- met Vardit Kohn from For Goodness Sake and shed 33 pounds (thanks Vardit)
- became fit enough to run 10kms with ease on Sunday mornings
- started doing Ashtanga Yoga…thank goodness for physiotherapy
- met Archbishop Desmond Tutu In Cape Town; an 80 year old who has achieved so much in his lifetime and still has the will to achieve so much more
- met HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands; ensuring that children are educated about money and finance
- met Josette Sheeran, Executive Director of the UN World Food Program; a lady on a mission to feed the world
- started my blog helendenheld.com. Thanks to everyone that actually reads it!
- accepted a board position at NGO Share People
- accepted a board position at NGO Cordaid Urban Matters in Cape Town
- started studying Mandarin Chinese. “Nín hǎo” (Hello).
- visited Brussels, London, Hong Kong, Barcelona, Umbria, Milan, Basel, Johannesburg, Cape Town, to name just a few….
- realised that the happier and more successful I become, the happier and more successful I can make other people
- focused on promoting Fair Chance Foundation and its partners. By voicing my opinions, I’ve noticed that people actually sit up, listen and take action
- was listed as one of the top marketing women in the Netherlands for the 3rd consecutive year
- was interviewed for numerous articles about CSR
- put our house on the market
- decided that the world needs to be conquered
- met many new, inspiring and fascinating people, who have an effect on my life every day. I thank you all!
2011 was indeed a year to remember. But aren’t they all! I wish you and yours good health, wealth, prosperity and wisdom in 2012.
Slainte mhath (Scotland – Gaelic), Gesondheid (South Africa – Afrikaans), Nqa (South Africa – Sesotho), Proost (Netherlands – Dutch), Gan bei (China – Mandarin), Cheers!
And remember, as soon as you start living your dreams, your dreams evolve. Carpe Diem.